Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Joys of Motherhood

Oh, the joys of being a mother.  There are many of them, but cleaning up vomit...not my thing.  I walked into my room this morning and thought "why does it smell like puke in here?"  I  found blankets covered in unmentionables, and a smelly daughter who had slept in it all night. I had to hold my breath to assure that I didn't add to the mess.  I started a load of laundry and gave Rylee a good bath.  Even now, she smells like a mixture of baby lotion and throw-up.  Yum!

Since she seemed to be pretty happy and feeling better, we decided to run a few errands.  I took two pairs of my jeans to Affordable Alterations to be hemmed and stopped at TJ MAXX for nothing in particular.  I love going shopping when you dont think you need anything, because you find out you were so obvioulsly wrong!  I bought a pair of 3 lb. weights (since 5 lb. were too much for my Jillian Michaels workout DVD), a carseat mat,  a "Busy Mom Bible," an Express shirt that was on clearance, and a new Fossil watch (that was only 39.99)!

No comments:

Post a Comment