As many of you know I recently took Rylee to North Idaho Insitute because one of her eyes seems to go unfocused or slightly wander; the experience was TERRIBLE. By this age Rylee is fully aware what a medical office entails; and goes into a panic whenever we enter one. We had to pin her down not once or twice, but five times for eye drops that she screamed through. We then needed the help of a nurse to hold her down so that the eye doctor could look at her eyes. He was far from helpful. Any treatment options that he offered are things that we initiated and he said that we could try. He didn't seem concerned at all...like the condition would fix itself or wasn't understanding how often it's happening. He asked is it once a week, once a day? Try ten times a day at least!
Josiah and I both tried to make an eye patch fun and appealing today to Rylee but she will just not have it. You even bring that thing near her and she immediately starts balling. Unfortunately she's a two year old who emcompasses a very strong willpower (wonder who she got that from). So I did some more research (because apparently I can learn more online than by taking her to the doctor) and after reading discussions written by other parents with similar situations this is what I know. Do the patch and it will make your child's strong eye weaker; now they have two weak eyes. Literally every story I read ended with the child needing surgery (which does finally fix the problem). This literally breaks my heart. I get teared up just sitting at my computer and writing about it. I can't imagine sending my two year old into surgery. So I don't see the point in patching her eyes or making her wear glasses when in the end it won't work! I don't know what to do. I don't know. I see it getting worse by the day and I just want to fix it.
While googling information I came across a Yahoo Answers page with seven responses and amazingly one lady mentioned that there is an amazing pediatric eye doctor in Spokane, Washington named Jeffry Snow. Out of the entire world wide web for a woman to name an eye doctor in our area seems like more than a coincidence...maybe it's God telling me something? I don't want to go through another horrendous eye exam but maybe it's necessary..
No comments:
Post a Comment