Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Wedding Thus Far

Pretty sure I've done more wedding planning in four days than most people do in four months. Let's start with Sunday.  I not only went to Storybook Bridal...but walked out of the store, dress in hand, one hour later.  A year and a half ago I found my perfect dress and put a third down on the order.  When it arrived I had unfortunately called off my wedding, so I asked her to sell it for the remainder of what I owed. Upon return I discovered that she had indeed sold it, so I bought the floor sample for a whopping $400 dollars.  The only problem with the dress is a broken strap which my mom can easily fix. 

Tuesday I both ordered my cake from Coco's Cupcakes (a business owned by a frequent Dutch Bros. customer) and had an appointment at David's Bridal for bridesmaid dresses.  I decided on red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, tuxedo cupcakes (chocolate and vanilla layered) with cookies and cream frosting, and lemon cupcakes with a lemon cream cheese frosting.  They will be arranged on a beautiful five tiered stand, decorated in my colors, with J & B (B & J would just be inappropriate) on top in chocolate letters.  I'm so excited cupcakes are probably my favorite thing in the entire world. 

The appointment at David's Bridal went about as smoothly as anything could possibly go.  I love and appreciate my girls.  No one was picky or complained even once.  They all agreed on not one, but two dresses.  My mom said it reminded her of the movie "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants."  The pants were the same but somehow they fit every girl and really looked good.  Though every girl in my bridal party has a different body type the dress looked great on every single one of them!  :) The dresses will be plum colored so now we're on a mission to find gold sparkly shoes and accesories.  Let me know if you know of good places to find these!

I had an appointment at The Glover Mansion today which also pleasantly easy.  They do more than we had initially realized.  They take care of flower arrangments, table set up and tear down, centerpieces, a wedding coordinator, and food/drinks.  Our coordinator has a very detailed timeline for what will be going down that night so it should all flow beautifully!  After the ceremony takes place outside everyone will migrate inside for appetizers and drinks.  After forty-five minutes the food stations will open.  The first station is a mashed potato martini glass station, then a prime-rib/turkey station, and finally a salad station.  There will be a keg of Coors Light and a tab on the bar until it runs out...in which case guests can pay for drinks.  The bartender will be on all night.  There will also be iced mochas, peach tea, and strawberry lemonade.  There will be drinking, dancing, and all around a good time to be had by all!

To do list: Find shoes for the bridal party, nail down a photographer, find Rylee a dress, get the tuxes, and send out invitations.  Pretty impressive how much we've accomplished so far. 

Side note: August is gonna be one heck of a month.  August 6th:  My 21st birthday.  August 17th: My Bachlorette Party.  August 19th: My wedding.  Get ready people!

No comments:

Post a Comment